Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Weekend's Lunch



My boyfriend and I had lunch at this steakhouse last Saturday. We didn't mean to eat there, but then we passed by and saw that it was quite packed, so we assumed that the food was good. So we tried. The place itself was not really attractive. It's a bit too dim, and squeezy. However, the service was quite good, and fast.

So here's what we ate :



We had this cream soup for starter accompanied by garlic bread. And they were surprisingly good, cause I was expecting a so-so soup when i first saw that it looks just like a common cream soup. And the garlic bread was just right, not too hard, not too soft.



Here's our appetizer. Oysters in Mornay Sauce. It was not as good as we expected but it's still acceptable. I like the taste of the baked cheese on top of it. But I could not feel the 'kick' of the oysters.




This is what I had for main course, Sirloin Steak in mushroom sauce with jacket potato and Scallop in garlic pesto sauce. The Sirloin was good, juicy and not too hard. The potato was okay, but not creamy enough for me. The scallop was also quite nice, I like the garlic pesto sauce.

We closed the course with a cuppa coffee. I was doubtful 'bout the coffee at first, but it turned out to be a really nice cuppa. Fresh, smooth, and no after taste.

All in all, it was a nice lunch, and the price appeared to be quite reasonable. We were happy :)

1 comment:

  1. Oh no, another post about food.
    Why is it that when you're on a diet, temptation's the greatest! Shooooot!

    ReplyDelete