Wednesday, September 16, 2009

I know I am blessed, I know I am loved

When I open my eyes early in the morning knowing another busy day is ahead of me
while someone out there might be afraid of not being able to see tomorrow

When I have two slices of bread for breakfast every morning
while someone out there might not even have anything to eat for one whole day

When I get a job in Singapore, afar from home
while someone out there might have sent hundreds of CVs but get no call-ins

When I get a message from my mom every single day just asking how I am doing
while someone out there might not even know how it feels to have a mommy

When I have a simple dinner after work
while someone out there might not have time to eat because of working overtime

When I have a lot of options of clothes to wear for the week
while someone out there might have been wearing the same clothes for months

When I see my boyfriend's smiling face
while someone out there might cry over a harassing boyfriend

When I have the strength to walk the roughest path of life
while someone out there might think to give up and stop walking

It is when I try to see that someone out there might go through worse than me
It is when I see that what I am going through is not that hard
It is when I see that I am precious no matter how I am or who I am

There, I know that I am blessed

When Someone died on the cross
so that I can live

When Someone bore a scar in His hands
so that I can be blessed

There, I know that I am dearly loved

So guys, be blessed and be grateful in every single thing happened in your life.
Cos you are all precious and you are all loved :)

4 comments:

  1. This is a beautiful post, Olive. I'm so moved by it. It's a good reminder with how we live our lives. Thank you for sharing it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks russ.. glad that it touches you as much as i touches me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is funny, we have a similar post in the same day =D

    I asked Holy Spirit to remind me this grateful attitude every single minute, thanks for this post Liv =)

    ps: Have a gr8 day too!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Inspiring darling... :) Been a while since I last gave thanks to God for what I have in life... A lot more than some people, but somehow I focused on what I didn't have... Gotta change that perspective and be grateful...

    ReplyDelete