Monday, October 26, 2009

Time to Get Serious



All this time I always think that I cannot live without shopping.
I mean, Hello?? I live in Singapore, where (according to my selfish opinion) shopping is one great temptation I cannot ignore or else I'd get mentally depressed.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not those go-for-branded types. That's the only reason I'm not financially broke until today. I shop what my wallet allows me to. But of course this does not make me a "prosperous" person either. I enjoy my life to the point that I don't really plan for my money as long as I have enough to live with for the month.
Geez, I am that bad. I guess that's why I never study finance, management, or whatever thingy.


taken from trendnista

However...

Like what my boyfriend always says, "Even daddy's little girl has to grow matured one day". He makes it sound so general, but I know exactly he points specifically to me. Well, he got a point there for sure, although most of the time I will try to find reason to show that I'm still very young, and has to enjoy life before I get too old. I know I'm wrong, but I'm such a stubborn girl with over the top self pride, so I never want to admit that I am guilty as charged.

Well, this coming Thursday I will be officially 25 years old. And being at this stage makes me think that I'm not that young after all, and I should stop giving the I-am-still-so-young reason to run away from any responsibility that I should have had over my own life.

My boyfriend keeps on telling me to save my money and plan for the future. But somehow I ended up NOT doing it.

I'm kinda sick of it. And last Saturday we actually seriously talk about the whole future thing. We have been planning to buy a flat, but never seriously get our hands in it, until a few days ago. So, to cut the story short, at the end of the day, we come up with a decision that we are going to get our own place early next year. That's our goal, and we commit ourselves in it. Obviously I need more work in this commitment thing, but I'm so eager to reach this goal, and I'm very excited. I promised him that I'd cut off shopping and good resto eat-out. Surprisingly I'm serious and pretty happy about it.

Okay, sorry if I bore you with the serious details. Hmm..I think it's a turning-25-paranoia syndrome, or whatever it is that makes you get paranoid about growing old..Okay I should stop blaming on other thing except myself..

Anyways, last weekend my diet project failed to the max, but it didn't count because I spent the whole weekend in Malaysia, at my boyfriend's parent's. His mom cooked a lot of food, and made sure we all had more than enough to eat three times a day. So there... I couldn't refuse that right? It's very impolite to do that. But, yesterday I did quite good.

Yesterday menu :
1. breakfast = small portion of bee hoon (rice vermicelli) and fried egg.
2. lunch = small portion of rice, with spicy shrimp, beancurd, and some stir-fry veggie.
3. dinner = small portion of porridge with egg, and spicy beancurd.
See...all small portions..I feel like a saint..

1 comment:

  1. happy birthday for thursday! i can't live without shopping either, :)

    ReplyDelete